Legislator tears off kurta in Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: In a dramatic turn of events, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P) legislator Nijamuddin Ansari on Thursday tore off his kurta in the state Assembly to bring to the government`s notice the severe drinking water problem.
"I have torn my kurta to show the real face of the people of the state. People are suffering from drinking water problem, the state is facing famine-like situation and the state government is a mere mute spectator to misery of the people," Ansari told reporters.
He was also unhappy over the arrest of former chief minister and JVM-P president Babulal Marandi.
Marandi was arrested late Wednesday from Silli, situated on the outskirts of Ranchi, while enforcing his party`s two-day economic blockade in which party workers disrupted the road and railway services in the state.
JVM-P legislature party leader Pradeep Yadav and some 200 supporters were also arrested. They have been kept in Ranchi`s Angada police station.
The economic blockade was called by the party to demand that the entire state be declared famine hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!