Legislator tears off kurta in Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: In a dramatic turn of events, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P) legislator Nijamuddin Ansari on Thursday tore off his kurta in the state Assembly to bring to the government`s notice the severe drinking water problem.
"I have torn my kurta to show the real face of the people of the state. People are suffering from drinking water problem, the state is facing famine-like situation and the state government is a mere mute spectator to misery of the people," Ansari told reporters.
He was also unhappy over the arrest of former chief minister and JVM-P president Babulal Marandi.
Marandi was arrested late Wednesday from Silli, situated on the outskirts of Ranchi, while enforcing his party`s two-day economic blockade in which party workers disrupted the road and railway services in the state.
JVM-P legislature party leader Pradeep Yadav and some 200 supporters were also arrested. They have been kept in Ranchi`s Angada police station.
The economic blockade was called by the party to demand that the entire state be declared famine hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan