Life sentence for brother-sister duo for killing sister-in-law
Jamshedpur: A local court has sentenced a brother-sister duo to life in prison for killing their sister-in-law in Zakirnagar here in 2012.
The court of Additional District Judge II D N Tiwary convicted Aamir Mallik and Gudia, the brother-in-law and sister-in-law of the victim Sabana Parveen and sentenced them to life term yesterday.
It also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000 on Mallik and Gudia respectively.
The other accused in the murder case, Mariam Biwi, mother-in-law of Parveen, however, died during course of the trial.
According to the FIR lodged at the Zakirnagar police station, Mariam Biwi, her son Mallick and daughter Gudia poured kerosene on Parveen and set her on fire over property dispute in March 2012.
The police had registered a case against the trio based on Parveen`s dying statement accusing them of setting her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH