Life sentence for brother-sister duo for killing sister-in-law
Jamshedpur: A local court has sentenced a brother-sister duo to life in prison for killing their sister-in-law in Zakirnagar here in 2012.
The court of Additional District Judge II D N Tiwary convicted Aamir Mallik and Gudia, the brother-in-law and sister-in-law of the victim Sabana Parveen and sentenced them to life term yesterday.
It also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000 on Mallik and Gudia respectively.
The other accused in the murder case, Mariam Biwi, mother-in-law of Parveen, however, died during course of the trial.
According to the FIR lodged at the Zakirnagar police station, Mariam Biwi, her son Mallick and daughter Gudia poured kerosene on Parveen and set her on fire over property dispute in March 2012.
The police had registered a case against the trio based on Parveen`s dying statement accusing them of setting her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt