Life term to six for killing MLA`s brother Jharkhand
Bokaro: A local court on Friday awarded life terms to six persons, who were convicted for killing younger brother of JMM MLA Jagannath Mahto.
Handing out the sentence, the Principal Session and District Judge (Bokaro) G K Chowdhry, pronounced additional five years sentence against Shafik Ansari and Madan Turi, the two contract killers engaged to eliminate the MLA`s brother Ganesh.
The other four convicts are main conspirator Krishna Prasad Mahto, Shafik Ansari, Khurshid Ansari and Mohammad Jafir Ansari.
While one accused, Murtaza Ansari, has been acquitted for lack of evidence, another accused Mukesh Mahto is still absconding.
Ganesh was shot dead on August 27, 2009 at Bhandaridah in Bokaro district following non-payment towards construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post