Life term to six for killing MLA`s brother Jharkhand
Bokaro: A local court on Friday awarded life terms to six persons, who were convicted for killing younger brother of JMM MLA Jagannath Mahto.
Handing out the sentence, the Principal Session and District Judge (Bokaro) G K Chowdhry, pronounced additional five years sentence against Shafik Ansari and Madan Turi, the two contract killers engaged to eliminate the MLA`s brother Ganesh.
The other four convicts are main conspirator Krishna Prasad Mahto, Shafik Ansari, Khurshid Ansari and Mohammad Jafir Ansari.
While one accused, Murtaza Ansari, has been acquitted for lack of evidence, another accused Mukesh Mahto is still absconding.
Ganesh was shot dead on August 27, 2009 at Bhandaridah in Bokaro district following non-payment towards construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi