Life term to six for killing MLA`s brother Jharkhand
Bokaro: A local court on Friday awarded life terms to six persons, who were convicted for killing younger brother of JMM MLA Jagannath Mahto.
Handing out the sentence, the Principal Session and District Judge (Bokaro) G K Chowdhry, pronounced additional five years sentence against Shafik Ansari and Madan Turi, the two contract killers engaged to eliminate the MLA`s brother Ganesh.
The other four convicts are main conspirator Krishna Prasad Mahto, Shafik Ansari, Khurshid Ansari and Mohammad Jafir Ansari.
While one accused, Murtaza Ansari, has been acquitted for lack of evidence, another accused Mukesh Mahto is still absconding.
Ganesh was shot dead on August 27, 2009 at Bhandaridah in Bokaro district following non-payment towards construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’