Lightning claims five lives in C’garh, rains hit normal life
Raipur: At least five persons, including
three women, died and four others injured as lightning stuck
them in three separate incidents, even as incessant rains over
the last couple of days affected normal life in the state.
Raipur`s SP Deepanshu Kabra said three women were killed
at village Tekari in the district, about 15 km from here,
following lightning on Saturday.
Four other women were injured in the incident. Their
condition is stable.
In two separate mishaps, a youth was killed in the
industrial area here and another at Patthalgaon in Jashpur
district, police said.
All the rivers in the state are in spate due to the
torrential rains which have affected life for over past three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!