Lobin Hembram inducted in Jharkhand Cabinet
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Lobin Hembram was Tuesday sworn in as the 12th minister of the Hemant Soren government.
Hembram was inducted as a minister to fill in the vacancy created after the dismissal of Simon Marandi by the Chief Minister in the first week of May.
The Chief Minister is yet to announce his portfolio.
Governor Syed Ahmed administered the oath to Hembram at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta, JMM chief Shibu Soren and some cabinet ministers were present at the occasion.
Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO