Lobin Hembram inducted in Jharkhand Cabinet
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Lobin Hembram was Tuesday sworn in as the 12th minister of the Hemant Soren government.
Hembram was inducted as a minister to fill in the vacancy created after the dismissal of Simon Marandi by the Chief Minister in the first week of May.
The Chief Minister is yet to announce his portfolio.
Governor Syed Ahmed administered the oath to Hembram at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta, JMM chief Shibu Soren and some cabinet ministers were present at the occasion.
Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- How much do you know about hepatitis - Take the quiz here
- Muttiah Muralitharan, three others to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic pro at 22, Shiva Thapa banks on improved strength at mega event
- India vs West Indies: Confident visitors arrive in Kingston for 2nd Test
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO