Local Congress leader shot dead in Jharkhand
Gumla: A local Congress leader, who was also a village head, was on Monday shot dead by unknown assailants at Palma Dipa area of Gumla district, officials said.
Chandra Nath Bhagat, who was going somewhere by a motorcycle, was shot by three bike-borne gunmen around 7.30 pm, sub-divisional police officer Deepak Kumar said.
Locals immediately rushed the critically wounded victim to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi where he succumbed to the bullets, he added.
Bhagat was the mukhiya (head) of Turiamba village and was a local Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users