Local JMM leader shot dead in Medininagar
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A local leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) was Sunday shot dead by an unknown gunman in Medininagar, the Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Ladle Hassan, who was heading the party’s Palamau District Minority Forum, was hit by a single bullet when he was having tea with friends at a stall near Mahavir Temple around 7.30 AM, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said.
Hassan was on bail in connection with some charges filed against him a couple of years ago, he said adding the assailant was yet to be identified.
He joined the JMM about two years ago, according to party sources here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster