Local JMM leader shot dead in Medininagar
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A local leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) was Sunday shot dead by an unknown gunman in Medininagar, the Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Ladle Hassan, who was heading the party’s Palamau District Minority Forum, was hit by a single bullet when he was having tea with friends at a stall near Mahavir Temple around 7.30 AM, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said.
Hassan was on bail in connection with some charges filed against him a couple of years ago, he said adding the assailant was yet to be identified.
He joined the JMM about two years ago, according to party sources here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse
- 46th day of curfew, restrictions cripple Kashmir