Local JMM leader shot dead in Medininagar
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A local leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) was Sunday shot dead by an unknown gunman in Medininagar, the Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Ladle Hassan, who was heading the party’s Palamau District Minority Forum, was hit by a single bullet when he was having tea with friends at a stall near Mahavir Temple around 7.30 AM, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said.
Hassan was on bail in connection with some charges filed against him a couple of years ago, he said adding the assailant was yet to be identified.
He joined the JMM about two years ago, according to party sources here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends