Local JMM leader shot dead in Medininagar
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A local leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) was Sunday shot dead by an unknown gunman in Medininagar, the Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Ladle Hassan, who was heading the party’s Palamau District Minority Forum, was hit by a single bullet when he was having tea with friends at a stall near Mahavir Temple around 7.30 AM, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said.
Hassan was on bail in connection with some charges filed against him a couple of years ago, he said adding the assailant was yet to be identified.
He joined the JMM about two years ago, according to party sources here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre