Local JMM leader shot dead in Medininagar
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A local leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) was Sunday shot dead by an unknown gunman in Medininagar, the Palamau district headquarters town, police said.
Ladle Hassan, who was heading the party’s Palamau District Minority Forum, was hit by a single bullet when he was having tea with friends at a stall near Mahavir Temple around 7.30 AM, Superintendent of Police Anup T Mathew said.
Hassan was on bail in connection with some charges filed against him a couple of years ago, he said adding the assailant was yet to be identified.
He joined the JMM about two years ago, according to party sources here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India