Lok Adalat organised in Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: A Lok Adalat was on Saturday organised in the premises of Jharkhand High Court.
For smooth functioning of Lok Adalat, four benches were constituted in which 221 cases relating to contempt cases of MADA (63), Dhanbad, miscellaneous Appeals (138) arising out of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim cases and Pre-litigation cases
(20) were listed for settlement, according to a press release by Jharkhand High Court Legal Services Committee.
Cheque for Rs 3,23,54,954 were deposited by MADA (Mineral Development Area Authority, Dhanbad) in 63 cases.
Out of which Rs 2,45,78,852 were disbursed in 41 cases.
The rest amount could not be disbursed in 22 cases as the parties did not turn up before the benches of Lok Adalat today, the release said.
One of the features of Lok Adalat is settlement of cases at pre-litigation stage, the release said.
Justice RK Merathia and Justice Poonam Srivastav were present during the occasion, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America