Lok Adalat organised in Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: A Lok Adalat was on Saturday organised in the premises of Jharkhand High Court.
For smooth functioning of Lok Adalat, four benches were constituted in which 221 cases relating to contempt cases of MADA (63), Dhanbad, miscellaneous Appeals (138) arising out of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim cases and Pre-litigation cases
(20) were listed for settlement, according to a press release by Jharkhand High Court Legal Services Committee.
Cheque for Rs 3,23,54,954 were deposited by MADA (Mineral Development Area Authority, Dhanbad) in 63 cases.
Out of which Rs 2,45,78,852 were disbursed in 41 cases.
The rest amount could not be disbursed in 22 cases as the parties did not turn up before the benches of Lok Adalat today, the release said.
One of the features of Lok Adalat is settlement of cases at pre-litigation stage, the release said.
Justice RK Merathia and Justice Poonam Srivastav were present during the occasion, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!