Lok Adalat organised in Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: A Lok Adalat was on Saturday organised in the premises of Jharkhand High Court.
For smooth functioning of Lok Adalat, four benches were constituted in which 221 cases relating to contempt cases of MADA (63), Dhanbad, miscellaneous Appeals (138) arising out of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim cases and Pre-litigation cases
(20) were listed for settlement, according to a press release by Jharkhand High Court Legal Services Committee.
Cheque for Rs 3,23,54,954 were deposited by MADA (Mineral Development Area Authority, Dhanbad) in 63 cases.
Out of which Rs 2,45,78,852 were disbursed in 41 cases.
The rest amount could not be disbursed in 22 cases as the parties did not turn up before the benches of Lok Adalat today, the release said.
One of the features of Lok Adalat is settlement of cases at pre-litigation stage, the release said.
Justice RK Merathia and Justice Poonam Srivastav were present during the occasion, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest