Lok Adalat organised in Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: A Lok Adalat was on Saturday organised in the premises of Jharkhand High Court.
For smooth functioning of Lok Adalat, four benches were constituted in which 221 cases relating to contempt cases of MADA (63), Dhanbad, miscellaneous Appeals (138) arising out of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim cases and Pre-litigation cases
(20) were listed for settlement, according to a press release by Jharkhand High Court Legal Services Committee.
Cheque for Rs 3,23,54,954 were deposited by MADA (Mineral Development Area Authority, Dhanbad) in 63 cases.
Out of which Rs 2,45,78,852 were disbursed in 41 cases.
The rest amount could not be disbursed in 22 cases as the parties did not turn up before the benches of Lok Adalat today, the release said.
One of the features of Lok Adalat is settlement of cases at pre-litigation stage, the release said.
Justice RK Merathia and Justice Poonam Srivastav were present during the occasion, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites