Love-jihad case: Rakibul Hussain supplied girls to high profile people, says Jharkhand Police
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Ranchi: Making a shocking revelation in Tara Shahdeo's alleged Love-jihad case, the national shooter's husband Ranjeet Kumar Kohli alias Rakilbul Hussain has told the Jharkhand Police during the investigation that he used to supply girls to some top-notch people, as per reports on Saturday.
Hussain, when probed by the police, said that a room in Ranchi hotel and two flats in a multi-storeyed building were booked throughout to provide services to some elite customers.
The police, when investigated on Tara's complaint that Hussain used to speak to someone called 'Sarkar', found out that 'Sarkar' was actually Rohit– a contact of Hussain who used to transfer money in his account for his services.
Yesterday night, after meeting Tara Shahdeo and Ranchi Police at his official residence, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren decided to handover the case to CBI.
Soren, while speaking to the reporters after the meeting, said that Tara Shahdeo is a national sports person and the government will make sure she gets justice.”
While announcing that he will handover her case to the CBI for further investigation, Soren also made it clear that he is completely satisfied by the work of state police which not only investigated in the right direction, but also arrested the accused within four days of FIR being lodged.
He also said that IAS officers have also reportedly come up in the case and since several "things" had been unfolding and Shahdeo too desire a CBI probe into the case so it was decided to recommend it to the agency.
In her FIR, Shahdeo had accused that she was subject to alleged torture, exploitation, deceit and being forced by her husband Ranjeet Kumar Kohli alias Rakilbul Hussain to keep secret his faith in Islam.
The police registered a rape case against the accused.
Meanwhile, reports are doing the rounds that Tara and Rakibul will be questioned by the CBI team together today.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25