Madhu Koda fails to produce bail documents
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, who got a three-week provisional bail from Jharkhand High Court, could not go home on Wednesday following his failure to produce bail documents to the jail authorities.
"We don`t have any document of his bail in any of the cases against him (Koda). He can only walk out after producing all bail-related documents," Jail Superintendent Dilip Pradhan said.
Koda was granted three-week`s provisional bail yesterday by the high court on the ground of treatment of his ailing mother.
His lawyer said documents would be made available to the jail authorities tomorrow.
As an independent MLA, Koda had headed UPA government in Jharkhand supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2008.
About a year after relinquishing the chair, he was arrested on November 30, 2009 and sent to judicial custody after Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax department charged him and his alleged aides with involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other multi-crore scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre