Madhu Koda gets bail in tax evasion case
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday granted bail to mining scam accused Madhu Koda in a tax evasion case but the former chief minister will continue to remain in jail in connection with other cases.
The court of Justice H C Mishra granted the bail after Koda appealed against the Income Tax department`s charges against him under various IT sections for evading tax since 2004.
The independent Lok Sabha member, who recently secured a bail from Supreme Court in a case, is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 in connection with money laundering and alleged illegal investments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people