Madhu Koda gets bail in tax evasion case
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday granted bail to mining scam accused Madhu Koda in a tax evasion case but the former chief minister will continue to remain in jail in connection with other cases.
The court of Justice H C Mishra granted the bail after Koda appealed against the Income Tax department`s charges against him under various IT sections for evading tax since 2004.
The independent Lok Sabha member, who recently secured a bail from Supreme Court in a case, is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 in connection with money laundering and alleged illegal investments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown