Madhu Koda gets provisional bail for one week
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday granted provisional bail to scam accused and former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for a week to attend his ailing mother.
Hearing on the provisional bail petition, Justice H C Mishra granted bail with a direction that he should surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from the judicial custody.
This is the second provisional bail granted to Koda in a month to attend his ailing mother, who is under treatment at a Noida-based hospital.
The court had on April 15 gave him provisional bail for three weeks and accordingly Koda had surrendered to a special CBI court on May 10.
The Lok Sabha member was arrested on November 30, 2009, in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
Koda has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Scheme scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video