Madhu Koda gets provisional bail for one week
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday granted provisional bail to scam accused and former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for a week to attend his ailing mother.
Hearing on the provisional bail petition, Justice H C Mishra granted bail with a direction that he should surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from the judicial custody.
This is the second provisional bail granted to Koda in a month to attend his ailing mother, who is under treatment at a Noida-based hospital.
The court had on April 15 gave him provisional bail for three weeks and accordingly Koda had surrendered to a special CBI court on May 10.
The Lok Sabha member was arrested on November 30, 2009, in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
Koda has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Scheme scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan