Madhu Koda gets provisional bail for one week
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday granted provisional bail to scam accused and former Chief Minister Madhu Koda for a week to attend his ailing mother.
Hearing on the provisional bail petition, Justice H C Mishra granted bail with a direction that he should surrender to a lower court on the eighth day from his release from the judicial custody.
This is the second provisional bail granted to Koda in a month to attend his ailing mother, who is under treatment at a Noida-based hospital.
The court had on April 15 gave him provisional bail for three weeks and accordingly Koda had surrendered to a special CBI court on May 10.
The Lok Sabha member was arrested on November 30, 2009, in connection with multi-crore money laundering, illegal investments and other scams.
Koda has got bail in all other cases except in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Scheme scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal