Madhu Koda to seek re-poll from old constituency
Jamshedpur: Independent MP and former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda on Friday said he would seek re-election from Singhbhum (reserved) constituency in the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
Koda said his Jai Bharat Samanta Party (JBSP) would field candidates in 10 seats in the Kolhan region comprising East and West Singhbhum and Seraikela-Kharswan districts.
Koda, who was in the steel city on a private visit, expressed confidence that his party would fare impressively in the assembly poll, due next year, in the Kolhan region having 14 seats altogether.
To a query, he said the Hemant Soren-led coalition government would have to work more in less time to fulfil the aspirations of the people.
On the withdrawal of the ordinance to protect convicted lawmakers by the UPA government at the Centre, Koda said it would not be proper for him as he had not read it.
The ex-chief minister is on bail in connection with multi-crore money laundering scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!