Madhu Koda walks out of jail after 44 months
Ranchi: Jharkhand`s former chief minister Madhu Koda walked out from jail Wednesday on bail in corruption cases after 44 months and said he would prove his innocence.
He told reporters: "I will prove my innocence."
Jharkhand High Court Tuesday granted bail to Koda in the Rajiv Gandhi rural electrification scam. This was the fifth case in which he was granted bail.
Five graft cases have been filed against Koda. The Central Bureau of Investigation, Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate and the state vigilance department are investigating different cases against Koda. He was granted bail in four cases earlier.
Koda was the chief minister of Jharkhand from September 2006 to August 2008.
He is also at centre of the Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof