Major Maoist bureau meetings halted by opn: DIG
Jamshedpur: "Successful" anti-naxal
operation in Saranda Forest of Jharkhand has led to a halt to
meetings of the Maoists` Eastern Regional Bureau (ERB)that ,
controls operations in all the eastern states, a senior police
officer claimed here.
"ERB, controlling naxal activities in eastern states
could not hold any meeting in forest and hampered their all
policy decision," said DIG (Kolhan range) Navin Kumar Singh,
who was leading the operation for last over a month.
Describing the operation as successful, Singh said the
senior functionaries of ERB including its chief Prasant Bose
were on their toes since the operation began on July 31 inside
the forest, which the rebels had considered `liberated` zone.
Documents found during the operation revealed that the
Maoists had to seek prior approval from the ERB for each
activities to be launched in eastern states, he said.
Asked about the post-operation arrangements to
prevent re-entry of the Maoists in the forest, Singh said they
have a definite plan, without elaborating.
Admitting that the life standard of rural masses
deteriorated since the naxal activities began in 1996-97, he
said the administration`s priority was to implement pending
development and welfare schemes hampered by Maoist activities.
"We will work out a strategy to implement the schemes
phase-wise to improve the life standard of people as well as
to ensure income generation source for them", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'