Major victory against Maoists in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A dozen Maoists were possibly killed during the encounter in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum in which six security personnel were injured, a senior police officer said on Monday.
"About a dozen Maoists were hit by the security forces
and there is all possibility that they might have been killed,
West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha said.
However, no body has been recovered, Jha said.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in
the encounter which lasted for 24 hours.
He said a camp of the Maoists was demolished during
the anti-Naxal drive yesterday and 20 claymore bombs seized
All the injured security personnel were admitted to a
hospital in Ranchi.
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds during the encounter, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!