Major victory against Maoists in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A dozen Maoists were possibly killed during the encounter in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum in which six security personnel were injured, a senior police officer said on Monday.
"About a dozen Maoists were hit by the security forces
and there is all possibility that they might have been killed,
West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha said.
However, no body has been recovered, Jha said.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in
the encounter which lasted for 24 hours.
He said a camp of the Maoists was demolished during
the anti-Naxal drive yesterday and 20 claymore bombs seized
All the injured security personnel were admitted to a
hospital in Ranchi.
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds during the encounter, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!