Major victory against Maoists in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A dozen Maoists were possibly killed during the encounter in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum in which six security personnel were injured, a senior police officer said on Monday.
"About a dozen Maoists were hit by the security forces
and there is all possibility that they might have been killed,
West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Jha said.
However, no body has been recovered, Jha said.
The security personnel were injured near Bandgaon in
the encounter which lasted for 24 hours.
He said a camp of the Maoists was demolished during
the anti-Naxal drive yesterday and 20 claymore bombs seized
All the injured security personnel were admitted to a
hospital in Ranchi.
Self-styled Maoist area commander `KP` and his
comrades Anmol and Animesh were among the Maoists, who fired
around 5000 rounds during the encounter, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'