Make your positions clear: Marandi asks BJP/JMM
Dumka: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi on Wednesday asked the ruling allies JMM and BJP to clarify "who is lying" in the wake of the former claiming to have struck a purported power sharing deal with the latter.
"We don`t know who is lying as the JMM says there was a deal while the BJP denies it. They should clarify it at the earliest as the people should know who is speaking the truth," Marandi, the former chief minister said.
Reminding the BJP how it had immediately withdrawn support to the erstwhile Shibu Soren in 2010 after he voted for the UPA on a confidence motion in the Lok Sabha, Marandi said the same situation arose during the motion on FDI in the lower house this time.
"Going by that example, the BJP should have pulled out the government. But it is clinging on to power even after the JMM claiming to have an understanding on a power sharing formula," claimed Marandi.
He was referring to Soren`s vote on April 27, 2010 in favour of the UPA in a cut motion in Lok Sabha despite being the chief minister at the head of JMM/BJP/Ajsu party coalition.
Marandi compared that voting with JMM MP Kameshwar Baitha voting in favour of the foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha and another MP Sanjiv Kumar abstaining in the upper House earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced