Malnourished children adopted by officials/doctors
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Altogether 259 children, suffering from malnutrition, were on Sunday adopted by government officials and physicians in Hazaribagh district who decided to look after their food requirements.
The decision was reached at a meeting chaired by Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan.
Senior officials and physicians, belonging to nursing homes, hospitals and clinics, participated in the meeting, Ranjan said here.
The DC, who adopted 20 children to look after their food requirements, said the children would get nutritious food and proper care following the adoption and deaths due to malnutrition would come down considerably.
Other officials and doctors also adopted different children to look after their food requirements.
The DC said the step would motivate others to adopt children from the poor families.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India