Mamata to canvass for Jamshedpur by-poll
Jamshedpur: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee would visit this steel city to campaign for
her party candidate contesting the July 1 Jamshedpur
"Party leaders, including Banerjee and Union Minister
of State for Railway Mukul Roy, has assured to campaign," TMC
candidate Suman Mahto said adding that Banerjee would
spearhead the campaign during her two-day visit next week.
"We are touch with the party leadership and will
finalise the dates soon," she said.
Ex-MP Mahto, the widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto,
said the opposition was scared about the response she was
getting across the constituency and started spreading canard
that she was withdrawing her nomination.
Describing the rumour as "baseless, fabricated and
politically motivated", Mahto, who had resigned from the party
after JMM leadership denied her ticket for the by-election in
2007, said there was no question of leaving the field as TMC
has emerged as a strong contender for the seat.
"I have joined TMC to fulfil the incomplete job of my
slain husband, who was gunned down by CPI (Maoists) in Baguria
under Ghatsila sub-division in 2007," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?