Mamata to canvass for Jamshedpur by-poll
Jamshedpur: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee would visit this steel city to campaign for
her party candidate contesting the July 1 Jamshedpur
"Party leaders, including Banerjee and Union Minister
of State for Railway Mukul Roy, has assured to campaign," TMC
candidate Suman Mahto said adding that Banerjee would
spearhead the campaign during her two-day visit next week.
"We are touch with the party leadership and will
finalise the dates soon," she said.
Ex-MP Mahto, the widow of slain JMM MP Sunil Mahto,
said the opposition was scared about the response she was
getting across the constituency and started spreading canard
that she was withdrawing her nomination.
Describing the rumour as "baseless, fabricated and
politically motivated", Mahto, who had resigned from the party
after JMM leadership denied her ticket for the by-election in
2007, said there was no question of leaving the field as TMC
has emerged as a strong contender for the seat.
"I have joined TMC to fulfil the incomplete job of my
slain husband, who was gunned down by CPI (Maoists) in Baguria
under Ghatsila sub-division in 2007," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog