Man beaten to death for protesting kin`s molestation
Ranchi: A man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand`s Jamshedpur district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, Krishna, a resident of Birsanagar colony in Jamshedpur, around 130 km from Ranchi, was returning home along with his sister-in-law Tuesday night when he met his friend Bhaskar and two or three others, who began to accompany them.
On the way, Bhaskar and his friends allegedly molested and tried to rape Krishna`s sister-in-law. When Krishna protested, he was beaten up brutally by Bhaskar and his friends, who then fled.
Krishna was admitted to a local hospital where he died during course of treatment early Wednesday.
Police have arrested one person in connection with Krishna`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice