Man beaten to death for protesting kin`s molestation
Ranchi: A man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand`s Jamshedpur district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, Krishna, a resident of Birsanagar colony in Jamshedpur, around 130 km from Ranchi, was returning home along with his sister-in-law Tuesday night when he met his friend Bhaskar and two or three others, who began to accompany them.
On the way, Bhaskar and his friends allegedly molested and tried to rape Krishna`s sister-in-law. When Krishna protested, he was beaten up brutally by Bhaskar and his friends, who then fled.
Krishna was admitted to a local hospital where he died during course of treatment early Wednesday.
Police have arrested one person in connection with Krishna`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?