Man beaten to death for protesting kin`s molestation
Ranchi: A man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand`s Jamshedpur district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, Krishna, a resident of Birsanagar colony in Jamshedpur, around 130 km from Ranchi, was returning home along with his sister-in-law Tuesday night when he met his friend Bhaskar and two or three others, who began to accompany them.
On the way, Bhaskar and his friends allegedly molested and tried to rape Krishna`s sister-in-law. When Krishna protested, he was beaten up brutally by Bhaskar and his friends, who then fled.
Krishna was admitted to a local hospital where he died during course of treatment early Wednesday.
Police have arrested one person in connection with Krishna`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi