Man beaten to death for protesting kin`s molestation
Ranchi: A man was beaten to death by his friend and some others when he protested molestation of his sister-in-law in Jharkhand`s Jamshedpur district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, Krishna, a resident of Birsanagar colony in Jamshedpur, around 130 km from Ranchi, was returning home along with his sister-in-law Tuesday night when he met his friend Bhaskar and two or three others, who began to accompany them.
On the way, Bhaskar and his friends allegedly molested and tried to rape Krishna`s sister-in-law. When Krishna protested, he was beaten up brutally by Bhaskar and his friends, who then fled.
Krishna was admitted to a local hospital where he died during course of treatment early Wednesday.
Police have arrested one person in connection with Krishna`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up