Man gets death for rape, murder of child
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand: A local court
Friday sentenced a 27-year-old-man to death for rape and murder
of a four-and-half-year-old girl near here last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge B K Sinha had
convicted Sanjay alias Firangi Paswan in this case a week ago
and pronounced the quantum of punishment during the day.
Paswan was known to the victim`s family and the child
used to address him as `uncle`. He took the girl at a lonely
place at Bagbeda in the outskirts of the steel city, raped her
and then killed her with a stone on February 10, 2010,
according to the prosecution.
The child`s mother Meena Rajwar lodged a named FIR
after her body was from a drain the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi