Man gets death for rape, murder of child
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand: A local court
Friday sentenced a 27-year-old-man to death for rape and murder
of a four-and-half-year-old girl near here last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge B K Sinha had
convicted Sanjay alias Firangi Paswan in this case a week ago
and pronounced the quantum of punishment during the day.
Paswan was known to the victim`s family and the child
used to address him as `uncle`. He took the girl at a lonely
place at Bagbeda in the outskirts of the steel city, raped her
and then killed her with a stone on February 10, 2010,
according to the prosecution.
The child`s mother Meena Rajwar lodged a named FIR
after her body was from a drain the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'