Man gets death for rape, murder of child
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand: A local court
Friday sentenced a 27-year-old-man to death for rape and murder
of a four-and-half-year-old girl near here last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge B K Sinha had
convicted Sanjay alias Firangi Paswan in this case a week ago
and pronounced the quantum of punishment during the day.
Paswan was known to the victim`s family and the child
used to address him as `uncle`. He took the girl at a lonely
place at Bagbeda in the outskirts of the steel city, raped her
and then killed her with a stone on February 10, 2010,
according to the prosecution.
The child`s mother Meena Rajwar lodged a named FIR
after her body was from a drain the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!