Man gets death for rape, murder of child
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand: A local court
Friday sentenced a 27-year-old-man to death for rape and murder
of a four-and-half-year-old girl near here last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge B K Sinha had
convicted Sanjay alias Firangi Paswan in this case a week ago
and pronounced the quantum of punishment during the day.
Paswan was known to the victim`s family and the child
used to address him as `uncle`. He took the girl at a lonely
place at Bagbeda in the outskirts of the steel city, raped her
and then killed her with a stone on February 10, 2010,
according to the prosecution.
The child`s mother Meena Rajwar lodged a named FIR
after her body was from a drain the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'