Man shot dead, school building blown up by suspected Maoists
Gumla/Giridhi: A man was shot dead and three trucks set on fire by suspected Maoists in
Gumla district of Jharkhand on Thursday, police said.
"The activists of People`s Liberation Front of India stopped three trucks and set them on fire. The trucks were on their way to load bauxite this morning," SP N K Singh said.
Helper of a truck, Rajendra Mahto, was shot dead by them when he tried to resist at Awanradalan village in Gumla district, he added. The drivers of the vehicles, however,
managed to flee.
In a separate incident, Maoists blew up a government school in Kurko village in Giridih district late last night.
"One room of the school building was badly damaged in the explosion," SP Ravi Kant Dhan said.
The Maoist action came after Dhanbad police arrested one guerrilla leader Amod Modak, he said, adding a combing operation has been launched to flush out the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday