Man shot dead, school building blown up by suspected Maoists
Gumla/Giridhi: A man was shot dead and three trucks set on fire by suspected Maoists in
Gumla district of Jharkhand on Thursday, police said.
"The activists of People`s Liberation Front of India stopped three trucks and set them on fire. The trucks were on their way to load bauxite this morning," SP N K Singh said.
Helper of a truck, Rajendra Mahto, was shot dead by them when he tried to resist at Awanradalan village in Gumla district, he added. The drivers of the vehicles, however,
managed to flee.
In a separate incident, Maoists blew up a government school in Kurko village in Giridih district late last night.
"One room of the school building was badly damaged in the explosion," SP Ravi Kant Dhan said.
The Maoist action came after Dhanbad police arrested one guerrilla leader Amod Modak, he said, adding a combing operation has been launched to flush out the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic