Man shot dead, school building blown up by suspected Maoists
Gumla/Giridhi: A man was shot dead and three trucks set on fire by suspected Maoists in
Gumla district of Jharkhand on Thursday, police said.
"The activists of People`s Liberation Front of India stopped three trucks and set them on fire. The trucks were on their way to load bauxite this morning," SP N K Singh said.
Helper of a truck, Rajendra Mahto, was shot dead by them when he tried to resist at Awanradalan village in Gumla district, he added. The drivers of the vehicles, however,
managed to flee.
In a separate incident, Maoists blew up a government school in Kurko village in Giridih district late last night.
"One room of the school building was badly damaged in the explosion," SP Ravi Kant Dhan said.
The Maoist action came after Dhanbad police arrested one guerrilla leader Amod Modak, he said, adding a combing operation has been launched to flush out the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'