Maoist arrested in connection with Pakur SP murder case
Pakur: A `Maoist` allegedly having links with the firing squad of Giridih-based CPI (Maoist) has been arrested in connection with the July two attack on the convoy of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar in neighbouring Dumka district.
"Sanatan Bakshi alias Tala`da was arrested yesterday from Rolagram under Mahespur police station in Pakur district. He is wanted in the killing of the SP and five other policemen and other naxal incidents," Pakur Superintendent of Police Y Ramesh told reporters here today.
Ramesh said Bakshi confessed to his alleged involvement in the killings of the SP and five others in the July 2 attack in Dumka district`s Kathikund area.
Bakshi hails from Chirudih village under Kathikund police station in Dumka district, and allegedly had links with the firing squad of the rebel group in the state`s Giridih district, the SP said.
The police of Dumka, Godda and Pakur districts were interrogating him in connection with various cases, like alleged attack on polling party, policy patrol and arson, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested