Maoist arrested in connection with Pakur SP murder case
Pakur: A `Maoist` allegedly having links with the firing squad of Giridih-based CPI (Maoist) has been arrested in connection with the July two attack on the convoy of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar in neighbouring Dumka district.
"Sanatan Bakshi alias Tala`da was arrested yesterday from Rolagram under Mahespur police station in Pakur district. He is wanted in the killing of the SP and five other policemen and other naxal incidents," Pakur Superintendent of Police Y Ramesh told reporters here today.
Ramesh said Bakshi confessed to his alleged involvement in the killings of the SP and five others in the July 2 attack in Dumka district`s Kathikund area.
Bakshi hails from Chirudih village under Kathikund police station in Dumka district, and allegedly had links with the firing squad of the rebel group in the state`s Giridih district, the SP said.
The police of Dumka, Godda and Pakur districts were interrogating him in connection with various cases, like alleged attack on polling party, policy patrol and arson, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday