Maoist arrested in connection with Pakur SP murder case
Pakur: A `Maoist` allegedly having links with the firing squad of Giridih-based CPI (Maoist) has been arrested in connection with the July two attack on the convoy of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar in neighbouring Dumka district.
"Sanatan Bakshi alias Tala`da was arrested yesterday from Rolagram under Mahespur police station in Pakur district. He is wanted in the killing of the SP and five other policemen and other naxal incidents," Pakur Superintendent of Police Y Ramesh told reporters here today.
Ramesh said Bakshi confessed to his alleged involvement in the killings of the SP and five others in the July 2 attack in Dumka district`s Kathikund area.
Bakshi hails from Chirudih village under Kathikund police station in Dumka district, and allegedly had links with the firing squad of the rebel group in the state`s Giridih district, the SP said.
The police of Dumka, Godda and Pakur districts were interrogating him in connection with various cases, like alleged attack on polling party, policy patrol and arson, he added.
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo