Maoist arrested in Garhwa
Garwha (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested from the forests of Bilaiti Khair in the Maoist-hit Garhwa district, the police said here Saturday.
On a tip-off that Mukhlal Yadav was in the forest area, the security forces conducted raids and apprehended the Maoist yesterday, according to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj.
"A gun and 1,540 cartridges were seized from his possession," the SP said.
The arrest came on the eve of the Maoists` Week from November 24 to 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video