Maoist arrested in Garhwa
Garwha (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested from the forests of Bilaiti Khair in the Maoist-hit Garhwa district, the police said here Saturday.
On a tip-off that Mukhlal Yadav was in the forest area, the security forces conducted raids and apprehended the Maoist yesterday, according to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj.
"A gun and 1,540 cartridges were seized from his possession," the SP said.
The arrest came on the eve of the Maoists` Week from November 24 to 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress