Maoist arrested in Garhwa
Garwha (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested from the forests of Bilaiti Khair in the Maoist-hit Garhwa district, the police said here Saturday.
On a tip-off that Mukhlal Yadav was in the forest area, the security forces conducted raids and apprehended the Maoist yesterday, according to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj.
"A gun and 1,540 cartridges were seized from his possession," the SP said.
The arrest came on the eve of the Maoists` Week from November 24 to 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried