Maoist arrested in Garhwa
Garwha (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested from the forests of Bilaiti Khair in the Maoist-hit Garhwa district, the police said here Saturday.
On a tip-off that Mukhlal Yadav was in the forest area, the security forces conducted raids and apprehended the Maoist yesterday, according to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj.
"A gun and 1,540 cartridges were seized from his possession," the SP said.
The arrest came on the eve of the Maoists` Week from November 24 to 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly