Maoist arrested with posters calling for poll boycott
Simdega: A suspected Maoist has been arrested in Simdega district`s Paka Tand village, police said here on Saturday.
District Superintendent of Police A V Minz told reporters that the Maoist, identified as Bhadur Sao, was arrested and posters calling for poll boycott and other materials were seized from him.
The SP said the police action came following a tip-off that a group of Maoists were in the village to put up the posters, and added that some other rebels managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!