Maoist, eight others held in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A CPI (Maoist) was among nine
arrested from different parts of the steel city here, police said Wednesday.
"We have arrested nine criminals, including one
identified as Chandan, who was allegedly involved in Naxalite activities, from different police station areas here last night," said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Akhilesh
They are verifying Chandan`s antecedents to confirm
his involved in Naxalite activities.
The SSP said they were arrested on charges of four
cases of loot, burglary and other criminal offences.
Three fire-arms, four stolen motorcycles and cash were
seized from their possession, he said adding further
interrogation were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown