Maoist, eight others held in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A CPI (Maoist) was among nine
arrested from different parts of the steel city here, police said Wednesday.
"We have arrested nine criminals, including one
identified as Chandan, who was allegedly involved in Naxalite activities, from different police station areas here last night," said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Akhilesh
They are verifying Chandan`s antecedents to confirm
his involved in Naxalite activities.
The SSP said they were arrested on charges of four
cases of loot, burglary and other criminal offences.
Three fire-arms, four stolen motorcycles and cash were
seized from their possession, he said adding further
interrogation were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble