Maoist goes missing from court premises in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh: A Maoist, who was on bail, went "missing" from the premises of Hazaribagh District and Session Court here, police said on Friday.
Sohan Bhuiyan, who came to the court yesterday with his son following summons, went missing during the period when his son went to fetch water, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik said here.
While his son lodged a complaint with the police alleging his father had been kidnapped from the court premises, the SP said it was a case of missing and ruled out abduction by any rebel group.
Bhuiyan was the "sub-zonal commander" with the erstwhile Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) and accused of being involved in the killing of 19 members of the Gram Suraksha Samiti on April 19, 2001 at Beltu in Hazaribagh district.
Along with the People`s War, the MCC later formed the CPI (Maoist), which is now a banned outfit.
Bhuiyan was arrested in 2005 and remained in jail since then before getting bail five weeks ago. He returned to his village in the district.
The SP said the police have launched a drive to locate him and claimed his disappearance would have no impact in the spurt of Naxal violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack