Maoist gunned down by rival faction in Palamau
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A Maoist has
been shot dead by a rival group at Barwahi village in Palamau
district, the police said here on Sunday.
A splinter group of the banned Tritiya Prastuity
Committee (TPC) took away Ajay Kurmi, the self-styled CPI
(Maoist) zonal commander, and his associate Vinod Mehta, from
the latter`s residence under Bishrampur police station last
night, the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sudarshan Mandal,
told newsmen here.
The assailants gunned down Kurmi while letting off
Mehta after beating him up severely, he added.
The body was recovered during the day and a note left
near it claimed responsibility and the killers identified
themselves belonging to `TSPC`, a breakaway group of TPC.
Kurmi was active on the borders of Palamau and Chatra,
the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan