Maoist involved in policemen killing arrested
Garhwa: A firing-squad member of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested, the fifth arrest in connection with the two attacks that had killed 23 policemen in Garhwa and Latehar districts in December and January.
"Kamlesh alias Indrajit Yadav was arrested yesterday following a tip-off that he was at Damaran under Ranka police station. He was one of the Maoists involved in the two attacks," Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj told reporters here.
A 9mm pistol, which he had looted after killing police official Rajbali Choudhary on January 21, was recovered from him, he said.
Yadav was one of the active members of the Maoist `dasta` (firing squad), he said.
The police has already arrested four other Maoists on February 29 in connection with these attacks.
On December 3, former Jharkhand assembly speaker Inder Singh Namdhari had escaped Maoist attack on his convoy that killed 10 policemen in Latehar.
In the second attack on January 21, the left-wing guerrillas blasted landmine to kill 13 policemen at Bariganwa forest in Garhwa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why