Maoist involved in policemen killing arrested
Garhwa: A firing-squad member of the CPI (Maoist) has been arrested, the fifth arrest in connection with the two attacks that had killed 23 policemen in Garhwa and Latehar districts in December and January.
"Kamlesh alias Indrajit Yadav was arrested yesterday following a tip-off that he was at Damaran under Ranka police station. He was one of the Maoists involved in the two attacks," Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj told reporters here.
A 9mm pistol, which he had looted after killing police official Rajbali Choudhary on January 21, was recovered from him, he said.
Yadav was one of the active members of the Maoist `dasta` (firing squad), he said.
The police has already arrested four other Maoists on February 29 in connection with these attacks.
On December 3, former Jharkhand assembly speaker Inder Singh Namdhari had escaped Maoist attack on his convoy that killed 10 policemen in Latehar.
In the second attack on January 21, the left-wing guerrillas blasted landmine to kill 13 policemen at Bariganwa forest in Garhwa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living