Maoist kill police `informer` in Garhwa
Jharkhand: Maoists have gunned down a former cadre after branding him as police `informer` at Phulwar village in Garhwa district, the police said today.
Raj Kumar Sao was dragged out of his house late last night by the Maoists and was shot dead a km away from his house under Dandai police station, the police said.
A note on the body left by the Maoists accused Sao of informing the police about their movements. Sao had severed links with the CPI (Maoist) some time back.
About a dozen people were killed by the Maoists on the same charges in Jharkhand this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement