Maoist kill police `informer` in Garhwa
Jharkhand: Maoists have gunned down a former cadre after branding him as police `informer` at Phulwar village in Garhwa district, the police said today.
Raj Kumar Sao was dragged out of his house late last night by the Maoists and was shot dead a km away from his house under Dandai police station, the police said.
A note on the body left by the Maoists accused Sao of informing the police about their movements. Sao had severed links with the CPI (Maoist) some time back.
About a dozen people were killed by the Maoists on the same charges in Jharkhand this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption