Maoist kill police `informer` in Garhwa
Jharkhand: Maoists have gunned down a former cadre after branding him as police `informer` at Phulwar village in Garhwa district, the police said today.
Raj Kumar Sao was dragged out of his house late last night by the Maoists and was shot dead a km away from his house under Dandai police station, the police said.
A note on the body left by the Maoists accused Sao of informing the police about their movements. Sao had severed links with the CPI (Maoist) some time back.
About a dozen people were killed by the Maoists on the same charges in Jharkhand this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio