Maoist killed in encounter in Khunti
Khunti: A Maoist was killed and two others suffered injuries in an encounter with security forces near Leved village in Jharkhand`s Khunti district on Tuesday.
"Maoist Ramesh Pahan has been killed in the encounter while two others suffered injuries, but they managed to escape. A Maoist, Lal Mohan Pahan has been arrested," Superintendent of Police Anis Gupta told reporters.
The encounter broke out during a search operation by personnel of the CRPF and the district police.
Gupta said the rebels fired about 70 bullets while the security personnel made a strong retaliatory action, firing 140 to 150 shots as the ultras retreated into the jungles.
Two guns, six bullets and other materials were recovered from the spot, he added.
In a separate incident at Manhu village of the district, suspected ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India set fire to a tractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale today; get it at Rs 6,999
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!