Maoist killed in encounter in Khunti
Khunti: A Maoist was killed and two others suffered injuries in an encounter with security forces near Leved village in Jharkhand`s Khunti district on Tuesday.
"Maoist Ramesh Pahan has been killed in the encounter while two others suffered injuries, but they managed to escape. A Maoist, Lal Mohan Pahan has been arrested," Superintendent of Police Anis Gupta told reporters.
The encounter broke out during a search operation by personnel of the CRPF and the district police.
Gupta said the rebels fired about 70 bullets while the security personnel made a strong retaliatory action, firing 140 to 150 shots as the ultras retreated into the jungles.
Two guns, six bullets and other materials were recovered from the spot, he added.
In a separate incident at Manhu village of the district, suspected ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India set fire to a tractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what