Maoist killed in gun battle in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Maoist was killed in a gun battle with security forces who raided a rebel hideout on the outskirts of Jharkhand`s capital early Sunday, police said.
Police raided the jungle hideout in Heso, around 20 km from here, following a tip off.
"One Maoist was killed in the gun battle in the jungle areas of Namkom. We recovered one regular carbine gun and live cartridges from him," Deputy Superintendent of Police, Rajiv Ranjan told reporters.
Police have launched a search operation to arrest the rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion