Maoist killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Maoist guerrilla was killed and five security personnel were injured in a gun battle in a forested part of Jharkhand`s Chatra district Tuesday, police said.
The wounded included a deputy commandant of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), R.R. Mishra.
Police and the CRPF launched a joint operation in the region, about 130 km from Ranchi, triggering the gun battle.
The injured included three Jharkhand policemen, police said. Three of the injured were flown to Ranchi by helicopter for treatment.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister