Maoist killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Maoist guerrilla was killed and five security personnel were injured in a gun battle in a forested part of Jharkhand`s Chatra district Tuesday, police said.
The wounded included a deputy commandant of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), R.R. Mishra.
Police and the CRPF launched a joint operation in the region, about 130 km from Ranchi, triggering the gun battle.
The injured included three Jharkhand policemen, police said. Three of the injured were flown to Ranchi by helicopter for treatment.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read