Maoist killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Maoist guerrilla was killed and five security personnel were injured in a gun battle in a forested part of Jharkhand`s Chatra district Tuesday, police said.
The wounded included a deputy commandant of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), R.R. Mishra.
Police and the CRPF launched a joint operation in the region, about 130 km from Ranchi, triggering the gun battle.
The injured included three Jharkhand policemen, police said. Three of the injured were flown to Ranchi by helicopter for treatment.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report