Maoist killed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Maoist guerilla was killed and many were injured in a gun battle in the jungles of Gumla district early Tuesday, police said.
"One Maoist guerilla was killed and many sustained sustained bullet injuries. We are trying to recover the body. We have recovered one Insas rifle and live cartridges from the spot," a police official told a news agency.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a jungle in Gumla district, around 110 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday and surrounded around 15 Maoist guerrillas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?