Maoist leader held, huge ammunition seized in Jharkhand
Medininagar: A CPI (Maoist) sub-zonal commander and his associate were arrested and a huge quantity of arms and ammunition was seized from them in the jungle area under Panki police station in Palamau district on Monday, police said.
CPI (Maoist) sub-zonal commander Ankit Yadav and his associate Sahid Ansari were arrested during the anti-Naxal operation launched in view of the forthcoming general polls, SP Y S Ramesh said.
Acting on a tip-off that some Maoists will be assembling in the jungle, state district police initiated an operation and arrested the duo and recovered arms and ammunition after interrogating them, he said.
The explosives were allegedly being ferried to Panki from Tal to disrupt the forthcoming elections, he said, adding, further investigation into the matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever