Maoist leader, wife arrested in Jharkhand
Garwah (Jharkhand): A Maoist leader and his wife were arrested from their native Khirakhand village under Bhandaria police station in Naxal-affected Garwah district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel raided the village and arrested Manas alias Sohan alias Upendra Korwa, section commander of CPI (Maoist), and his wife Meena Korwa, Superintendent of Police Mayur Patel said.
An expert in making and planting landmines, Korwa was allegedly involved in the planting of an explosive in the body of a jawan, who was killed in an encounter in adjoining Latehar district in January, Patel said.
Two country-made rifles have been confiscated from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'