Maoist leader, wife arrested in Jharkhand
Garwah (Jharkhand): A Maoist leader and his wife were arrested from their native Khirakhand village under Bhandaria police station in Naxal-affected Garwah district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel raided the village and arrested Manas alias Sohan alias Upendra Korwa, section commander of CPI (Maoist), and his wife Meena Korwa, Superintendent of Police Mayur Patel said.
An expert in making and planting landmines, Korwa was allegedly involved in the planting of an explosive in the body of a jawan, who was killed in an encounter in adjoining Latehar district in January, Patel said.
Two country-made rifles have been confiscated from their possession.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview