Maoist making money through illegal coal trade
Bokaro: Jharkhand Police on Friday
found the Maoists making profits from illegal coal trade
through private coal companies when they conducted raids on
companies in Bokaro district.
"After watching their work for 12 days, police
conducted raids on three private coal companies and seized
2000 tonne of illegally dumped coal," Deputy Inspector General
of Police LP Singh told reporters here.
Stating that the companies were situated near
Maoist-affected areas near Lugu pahar at Jhumra Hills, he said
the Maoists were indulged in illegal coal trade allegedly
through these companies.
However, there were no arrests yet as the police is
still trying find the owners of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city