Maoist making money through illegal coal trade
Bokaro: Jharkhand Police on Friday
found the Maoists making profits from illegal coal trade
through private coal companies when they conducted raids on
companies in Bokaro district.
"After watching their work for 12 days, police
conducted raids on three private coal companies and seized
2000 tonne of illegally dumped coal," Deputy Inspector General
of Police LP Singh told reporters here.
Stating that the companies were situated near
Maoist-affected areas near Lugu pahar at Jhumra Hills, he said
the Maoists were indulged in illegal coal trade allegedly
through these companies.
However, there were no arrests yet as the police is
still trying find the owners of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak