Maoist planted can bomb defused
Jamshedpur: Security forces recovered a powerful can bomb, planted by CPI (Maoists), during a patrolling in naxal-infested West Singhbhum district, police Wednesday.
The 50 kgs can bomb was recovered between Thalkobad and Baliva road, about 120 kms from here, yesterday, said Police Superintendent Pankaj Kamboj.
He said the explosive was planted to target anti-landmine vehicle as well as the security personnel using the road for anti-naxal operations.
Kamboj said the ultra group had planted it several months ago but it was spotted when the forces detected long wires coming out on the road side due to continuous rains lashing this part of the state.
The explosive has now been defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble