Maoist set fire to machine; paste poster on advocate chamber
Latehar/Dhanbad: The Maoists on Saturday set fire to a drilling machine of a coal survey team in Latehar district and threatened to blow up the Dhanbad district court if anti-naxal operations were not stopped against them.
"The Maoists set fire to the drilling machine of a Nagpur-based coal survey team under Latehar Sadar police station," Latehar Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The Maoists had also picked up a munshi engaged to oversee construction of a panchayat building before letting him off during the day, the SP said adding the security forces have launched raids.
Meanwhile Dhanbad Bar Council`s member Radhay Shyam Goswami informed the police that a Maoist poster, which threatened blowing up the court if anti-naxal operation was not stopped within a month, was pasted on the wall of his chamber.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Ranjan told reporters in Dhanbad that it was a handiwork of some mischievous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites