Maoist set fire to machine; paste poster on advocate chamber
Latehar/Dhanbad: The Maoists on Saturday set fire to a drilling machine of a coal survey team in Latehar district and threatened to blow up the Dhanbad district court if anti-naxal operations were not stopped against them.
"The Maoists set fire to the drilling machine of a Nagpur-based coal survey team under Latehar Sadar police station," Latehar Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The Maoists had also picked up a munshi engaged to oversee construction of a panchayat building before letting him off during the day, the SP said adding the security forces have launched raids.
Meanwhile Dhanbad Bar Council`s member Radhay Shyam Goswami informed the police that a Maoist poster, which threatened blowing up the court if anti-naxal operation was not stopped within a month, was pasted on the wall of his chamber.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Ranjan told reporters in Dhanbad that it was a handiwork of some mischievous elements.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India