Maoist set fire to machine; paste poster on advocate chamber
Latehar/Dhanbad: The Maoists on Saturday set fire to a drilling machine of a coal survey team in Latehar district and threatened to blow up the Dhanbad district court if anti-naxal operations were not stopped against them.
"The Maoists set fire to the drilling machine of a Nagpur-based coal survey team under Latehar Sadar police station," Latehar Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The Maoists had also picked up a munshi engaged to oversee construction of a panchayat building before letting him off during the day, the SP said adding the security forces have launched raids.
Meanwhile Dhanbad Bar Council`s member Radhay Shyam Goswami informed the police that a Maoist poster, which threatened blowing up the court if anti-naxal operation was not stopped within a month, was pasted on the wall of his chamber.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Ranjan told reporters in Dhanbad that it was a handiwork of some mischievous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read