Maoist set fire to machine; paste poster on advocate chamber
Latehar/Dhanbad: The Maoists on Saturday set fire to a drilling machine of a coal survey team in Latehar district and threatened to blow up the Dhanbad district court if anti-naxal operations were not stopped against them.
"The Maoists set fire to the drilling machine of a Nagpur-based coal survey team under Latehar Sadar police station," Latehar Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The Maoists had also picked up a munshi engaged to oversee construction of a panchayat building before letting him off during the day, the SP said adding the security forces have launched raids.
Meanwhile Dhanbad Bar Council`s member Radhay Shyam Goswami informed the police that a Maoist poster, which threatened blowing up the court if anti-naxal operation was not stopped within a month, was pasted on the wall of his chamber.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Ranjan told reporters in Dhanbad that it was a handiwork of some mischievous elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing