Maoist shot dead four in Ranchi
Ranchi: Accusing them of helping the police in anti-Naxal operations, Maoists on Thursday night shot dead four persons including an eight-year-old girl near here.
The incident took place at Baruhatu village, about 60 km from here, when three motor-cycle borne rebels opened indiscriminate fire at Pradip Munda, his daughter and two of his friends near his house, SP (Rural) Michael Raj said.
The Maoists charged them with helping the police in their anti-Naxal operations. However, the deceased never helped the police in any such operations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal