Maoist shot dead four in Ranchi
Ranchi: Accusing them of helping the police in anti-Naxal operations, Maoists on Thursday night shot dead four persons including an eight-year-old girl near here.
The incident took place at Baruhatu village, about 60 km from here, when three motor-cycle borne rebels opened indiscriminate fire at Pradip Munda, his daughter and two of his friends near his house, SP (Rural) Michael Raj said.
The Maoists charged them with helping the police in their anti-Naxal operations. However, the deceased never helped the police in any such operations, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference