Maoist shot dead four in Ranchi
Ranchi: Accusing them of helping the police in anti-Naxal operations, Maoists on Thursday night shot dead four persons including an eight-year-old girl near here.
The incident took place at Baruhatu village, about 60 km from here, when three motor-cycle borne rebels opened indiscriminate fire at Pradip Munda, his daughter and two of his friends near his house, SP (Rural) Michael Raj said.
The Maoists charged them with helping the police in their anti-Naxal operations. However, the deceased never helped the police in any such operations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!