Maoist sympathisers arrested in Jharkhand
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Three Maoist sympathisers were arrested from Chakradharpur bus stand, about 25 km from West Singhbhum district headquarters town of Chaibasa in Jharkhand on Tuesday.
West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said acting on a tip-off, a police team cordoned off the area and arrested the three who were moving around in a suspicious manner.
Police seized three cartons containing different capacity pressure cookers, nails, epoxy putty and Rs 10,000 from them.
He said the three were sympathisers of dreaded CPI(Maoist) `area commander` Kundan Pahan and police have also seized a letter written by Pahan from them.
The articles seized from them were to be supplied to Pahan for making bombs, he said adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends