Maoist sympathisers arrested in Jharkhand
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Three Maoist sympathisers were arrested from Chakradharpur bus stand, about 25 km from West Singhbhum district headquarters town of Chaibasa in Jharkhand on Tuesday.
West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said acting on a tip-off, a police team cordoned off the area and arrested the three who were moving around in a suspicious manner.
Police seized three cartons containing different capacity pressure cookers, nails, epoxy putty and Rs 10,000 from them.
He said the three were sympathisers of dreaded CPI(Maoist) `area commander` Kundan Pahan and police have also seized a letter written by Pahan from them.
The articles seized from them were to be supplied to Pahan for making bombs, he said adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch