Maoist torch five tractors in Jharkhand
Ranchi: In their bid to enforce a one-day shutdown, Maoists early on Monday torched five tractors in Jharkhand`s Palamau district, police said.
According to police, around 20 to 25 rebels torched five tractors and thrashed some labourers involved in the road construction work near Itki, around 140 km from Ranchi.
Maoists have called for shutdown on Monday in many states to protest the arrest of its leaders in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation