Maoist torch vehicles, machinery in Chatra, Lohardaga
Lohardaga/Chatra (Jharkhand): Maoists
torched twenty vehicles and machines in Chatra and Lohardaga
districts, the police said on Wednesday.
"Suspected Maoists torched a Bolero, three trucks and
two costly machinery engaged at Pakhar Bauxite Mining in
Lohardaga district this morning," Lohardaga superintendent of
police Asim Vikrant Minz told newsmen.
The vehicles and equipment belonged to Atul Agarwal,
who had taken a contract from HINDALCO, he said.
The staff of the contractor denied receiving any
extortion demand from the rebels.
Another group of Maoists yesterday went to three
adjoining villages in Chatra district and set fire to ten
tractors and five other machinery engaged in sinking ponds at
three villages, Chatra superintendent of police Prabhat Kumar
Denial of extortion by the contractors could be the
motive behind the arson in Chatra, Kumar said.
On May 14, the Maoists had torched 30 vehicles worth
over Rs 30 crore of a Mumbai-based road construction
department for denial of extortion at Morandi in neighbouring
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?