Maoist torch vehicles, machinery in Chatra, Lohardaga
Lohardaga/Chatra (Jharkhand): Maoists
torched twenty vehicles and machines in Chatra and Lohardaga
districts, the police said on Wednesday.
"Suspected Maoists torched a Bolero, three trucks and
two costly machinery engaged at Pakhar Bauxite Mining in
Lohardaga district this morning," Lohardaga superintendent of
police Asim Vikrant Minz told newsmen.
The vehicles and equipment belonged to Atul Agarwal,
who had taken a contract from HINDALCO, he said.
The staff of the contractor denied receiving any
extortion demand from the rebels.
Another group of Maoists yesterday went to three
adjoining villages in Chatra district and set fire to ten
tractors and five other machinery engaged in sinking ponds at
three villages, Chatra superintendent of police Prabhat Kumar
Denial of extortion by the contractors could be the
motive behind the arson in Chatra, Kumar said.
On May 14, the Maoists had torched 30 vehicles worth
over Rs 30 crore of a Mumbai-based road construction
department for denial of extortion at Morandi in neighbouring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing