Maoist training camp smashed in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A Maoist training
camp was on Saturday smashed in West Singhbhum district after a
fierce encounter between the police and ultra-left cadre.
The district police force jointly with para-
military force jawans were on regular combing operation
in naxal-affected areas when the encounter took place at
Nawagaon in West Singhbhum bordering Orissa, police said.
DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra told a news agency that a training
camp of the CPI(Maoists) was smashed following the encounter.
No report of any casuality was reported in the
encounter that lasted for about an hour.
Mishra said large-scale recovery of fire-arms was made
during the operation, details of which were awaited.
The encounter came just ahead of the 72-hour proposed
Jharkhand bandh called by the ultra outfit from tomorrow
The Maoists have called the bandh in protest against
the government`s proposed anti-naxal `Green Hunt" operation to
be launched soon in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US