Maoist training camp smashed in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A Maoist training
camp was on Saturday smashed in West Singhbhum district after a
fierce encounter between the police and ultra-left cadre.
The district police force jointly with para-
military force jawans were on regular combing operation
in naxal-affected areas when the encounter took place at
Nawagaon in West Singhbhum bordering Orissa, police said.
DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra told a news agency that a training
camp of the CPI(Maoists) was smashed following the encounter.
No report of any casuality was reported in the
encounter that lasted for about an hour.
Mishra said large-scale recovery of fire-arms was made
during the operation, details of which were awaited.
The encounter came just ahead of the 72-hour proposed
Jharkhand bandh called by the ultra outfit from tomorrow
The Maoists have called the bandh in protest against
the government`s proposed anti-naxal `Green Hunt" operation to
be launched soon in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof