Maoist training camp smashed in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A Maoist training
camp was on Saturday smashed in West Singhbhum district after a
fierce encounter between the police and ultra-left cadre.
The district police force jointly with para-
military force jawans were on regular combing operation
in naxal-affected areas when the encounter took place at
Nawagaon in West Singhbhum bordering Orissa, police said.
DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra told a news agency that a training
camp of the CPI(Maoists) was smashed following the encounter.
No report of any casuality was reported in the
encounter that lasted for about an hour.
Mishra said large-scale recovery of fire-arms was made
during the operation, details of which were awaited.
The encounter came just ahead of the 72-hour proposed
Jharkhand bandh called by the ultra outfit from tomorrow
The Maoists have called the bandh in protest against
the government`s proposed anti-naxal `Green Hunt" operation to
be launched soon in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed