Maoist training camp smashed in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A Maoist training
camp was on Saturday smashed in West Singhbhum district after a
fierce encounter between the police and ultra-left cadre.
The district police force jointly with para-
military force jawans were on regular combing operation
in naxal-affected areas when the encounter took place at
Nawagaon in West Singhbhum bordering Orissa, police said.
DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra told a news agency that a training
camp of the CPI(Maoists) was smashed following the encounter.
No report of any casuality was reported in the
encounter that lasted for about an hour.
Mishra said large-scale recovery of fire-arms was made
during the operation, details of which were awaited.
The encounter came just ahead of the 72-hour proposed
Jharkhand bandh called by the ultra outfit from tomorrow
The Maoists have called the bandh in protest against
the government`s proposed anti-naxal `Green Hunt" operation to
be launched soon in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US President Barack Obama urges Vietnam to improve human rights to guarantee progress
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Soldier killed in Kashmir gun battle cremated with full honours
- Two 'young' craters discovered on Moon
- Twitter to soon roll out automatic 'Night Mode' UI