Maoist training camp smashed in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: A Maoist training
camp was on Saturday smashed in West Singhbhum district after a
fierce encounter between the police and ultra-left cadre.
The district police force jointly with para-
military force jawans were on regular combing operation
in naxal-affected areas when the encounter took place at
Nawagaon in West Singhbhum bordering Orissa, police said.
DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra told a news agency that a training
camp of the CPI(Maoists) was smashed following the encounter.
No report of any casuality was reported in the
encounter that lasted for about an hour.
Mishra said large-scale recovery of fire-arms was made
during the operation, details of which were awaited.
The encounter came just ahead of the 72-hour proposed
Jharkhand bandh called by the ultra outfit from tomorrow
The Maoists have called the bandh in protest against
the government`s proposed anti-naxal `Green Hunt" operation to
be launched soon in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday