Maoist violence has declined in Jharkhand: Jairam Ramesh
Ranchi/Garhwa: Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh on Tuesday said that Maoist violence by and large had declined in Jharkhand.
"Compared to Malkangiri in Odisha and Gadchiroli in Maharastra, Naxal violence in Jharkhand in the year 2012 has by and large declined," Ramesh said while inter-acting with reporters.
The Union Rural Development minister informed that he would unfurl the tri-colour at Saranda forest on the Republic Day.
"But is it a lull before a storm? I don’t know," he added quickly.
Ramesh has been frequenting to Saranda in West Singhbhum district after the security forces flushed out the rebels from the forest about a year ago, enabling the Union minister to sanction funds under Saranda Action Plan to provide basic facilities to the villagers residing there.
Reaffirming that there was no dearth of funds for developmental projects in Naxal-affected rural areas under Centrally-sponsored welfare projects, Ramesh said he had always constructively taken decisions on whatever proposals came from states.
"I know about Jharkhand, so I have always approved whatever special requests the state sends for. The ministers in the state should also give attention on developmental matters for the benefit of tribals," he claimed.
Upset over the pending seven road proposals under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yozana in Latehar district following non-clearance by the Forest department, Ramesh said he spoke to senior forest officials and got an assurance from them that the department would clear the proposals at the earliest.
"Roads and electricity and appointment of doctors and teachers in the rural areas are the urgent requirements," Ramesh, who ended his three-day visit to Jharkhand, added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof