Maoist violence: `Weak` intelligence network to be strengthened, says Jharkhand SP
Dumka: A weak intelligence network was one of the causes behind the Maoists` July 2 attack on the convoy of Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar, security advisor to the Union government K Vijay Kumar on Sunday said.
The former CRPF DGP and ex-advisor to Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed said that he had issued directions to the police to strengthen the intelligence network.
There should also be regular communication between police stations and senior police officials, Kumar told reporters here.
Kumar, who visited Jharkhand`s second capital of Dumka where the SP and five others were killed in the Maoist attack, said incidents of Maoist violence were being reviewed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city