Maoists abduct five, free one in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoists abducted five people in Jharkhand`s Giridih district but later freed the driver of their vehicle, police said Saturday.
Three of the victims are members of the Prime Minister Rural Development Fellowship programme.
The abduction took place in Navkania village, around 300 km from Ranchi.
"We have launched an operation to free the abducted people," Kranti Kumar, the superintendent of police of Giridih, told IANS over telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad