Maoists are inhuman: Jairam Ramesh
Chhattisgarh: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has lashed out at the Maoists over the recent brutal attack on a security personnel in Jharkhand, saying the ultras bear no humanity.
Ramesh highlighted his belief that the rebels no longer wanted talks or parleys to address the issues raised by them.
"I can see clearly that the rebels do not believe in dialogue and the barbaric way in which they have killed our troops in Latehar is not only condemnable, but also signifies that humanity does not exist amongst them," said Ramesh.
"They use the development of tribals as a mask in order to magnify their influence; hence both the centre and state governments need to take strict measures in this matter," he added.
Ramesh, who advocated stringent steps against the rebels to stop them from derailing the country`s internal security, was in particular very critical of the acts of the Maoists in Jharkhand`s Latehar District.
"The Latehar incident shows that Maoist organisations have no faith in the country`s democratic system or the Constitution," he said.
Jharkhand Director General of Police (DGP) Gauri Shankar Rath, who had earlier on Friday condemned the barbaric and cowardly act of the Naxals to surgically implant a bomb inside the stomach of a CRPF jawan killed in an encounter, said the ultras have grown stronger technically with external support.
"Maoists are taking advantage of the technical advancements that are coming up. So it is not really surprising. I would call them technically advanced, but I would surely call them techno savvy," said Rath in Ranchi.
"They have outer support because the people are plotting against the country from outside of our boundaries have got links with these Maoists," he added.
Rath had earlier on Thursday said the Maoists have crossed all limits of cruelty and established that they do not have any regards for the human rights.
The DGP further talked tough, saying the police forces would definitely retaliate in times to come.
Taking note of the Maoist strategy, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had earlier on Thursday said that security forces have launched a large-scale operation in the area, which will continue operations till the Maoists are cleared from this area.
The Naxalites had surgically inserted an improvised explosive device (IED) in the body of a CRPF jawan who was killed in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar District. The bomb was detected in a Ranchi hospital during autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO