Maoists are inhuman: Jairam Ramesh
Chhattisgarh: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has lashed out at the Maoists over the recent brutal attack on a security personnel in Jharkhand, saying the ultras bear no humanity.
Ramesh highlighted his belief that the rebels no longer wanted talks or parleys to address the issues raised by them.
"I can see clearly that the rebels do not believe in dialogue and the barbaric way in which they have killed our troops in Latehar is not only condemnable, but also signifies that humanity does not exist amongst them," said Ramesh.
"They use the development of tribals as a mask in order to magnify their influence; hence both the centre and state governments need to take strict measures in this matter," he added.
Ramesh, who advocated stringent steps against the rebels to stop them from derailing the country`s internal security, was in particular very critical of the acts of the Maoists in Jharkhand`s Latehar District.
"The Latehar incident shows that Maoist organisations have no faith in the country`s democratic system or the Constitution," he said.
Jharkhand Director General of Police (DGP) Gauri Shankar Rath, who had earlier on Friday condemned the barbaric and cowardly act of the Naxals to surgically implant a bomb inside the stomach of a CRPF jawan killed in an encounter, said the ultras have grown stronger technically with external support.
"Maoists are taking advantage of the technical advancements that are coming up. So it is not really surprising. I would call them technically advanced, but I would surely call them techno savvy," said Rath in Ranchi.
"They have outer support because the people are plotting against the country from outside of our boundaries have got links with these Maoists," he added.
Rath had earlier on Thursday said the Maoists have crossed all limits of cruelty and established that they do not have any regards for the human rights.
The DGP further talked tough, saying the police forces would definitely retaliate in times to come.
Taking note of the Maoist strategy, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had earlier on Thursday said that security forces have launched a large-scale operation in the area, which will continue operations till the Maoists are cleared from this area.
The Naxalites had surgically inserted an improvised explosive device (IED) in the body of a CRPF jawan who was killed in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar District. The bomb was detected in a Ranchi hospital during autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla