Maoists attack cops, blast rail tracks in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One policeman was killed and 12 were injured when Maoist rebels ambushed their mini-bus in Jharkhand Tuesday night. The rebels launched another attack early Wednesday, blasting a railway track and a bridge, police said.
The policemen were attacked near Topchachi police station of Dhanbad district, around 210 km from Ranchi, a police spokesperson told reporters.
The injured policemen have been admitted to hospital and condition of two are said to be critical.
Early Wednesday, Maoists blasted a railway track between Taitulmuri and Nisitpur railway stations under Dhanbad railway division.
The rebels blasted both the up and down tracks. More than one dozen trains were affected due to the blast. Repair work has started.
The Maoists also blasted a bridge near Chhatapur village of Giridih district that connects Giridih with Dhanbad.
The rebels have called a shutdown Wednesday in five states to protest the conviction of five Maoist guerrillas by a Uttar Pradesh court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi