Maoists attack police station in Giridih, torch trucks
Giridih: Maoists fired indiscriminately at a police station in Giridih, blew up a building and set on fire trucks on the Grand Trunk road in the wee hours on Thursday to protest the arrest of their two associates.
A group of armed Maoists attacked the Pirtand Police station around 1 am and started firing at random, Superintendent of Police, AV Homker, said.
The security forces returned the fire, he said, adding there was no casualty.
A couple of blasts were also heard nearby as Maoists destroyed a government building near the police station, he said.
Later, the ultras torched some trucks on the GT Road on the Dhanbad-Giridih border.
Police said the Maoists were protesting the arrests of two of their hardcore associates, Muktar Ansari and Dasrath Manjhi in Giridih yesterday.
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains