Maoists attack police station in Giridih, torch trucks
Giridih: Maoists fired indiscriminately at a police station in Giridih, blew up a building and set on fire trucks on the Grand Trunk road in the wee hours on Thursday to protest the arrest of their two associates.
A group of armed Maoists attacked the Pirtand Police station around 1 am and started firing at random, Superintendent of Police, AV Homker, said.
The security forces returned the fire, he said, adding there was no casualty.
A couple of blasts were also heard nearby as Maoists destroyed a government building near the police station, he said.
Later, the ultras torched some trucks on the GT Road on the Dhanbad-Giridih border.
Police said the Maoists were protesting the arrests of two of their hardcore associates, Muktar Ansari and Dasrath Manjhi in Giridih yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League